The Kidneys are some of the most important organs in the human body, its main role is maintaining the homeostasis of the body.
- Blood and urine tests show, how well the kidneys are doing their job and how quickly body wastes are being removed.
- Urine tests- It detects whether the kidneys are leaking abnormal amount of proteins as it is a sign of kidney damage.
As kidneys play a vital role in keeping the body healthy, its job is filtering waste materials from the blood and send them out of the body through urine.
Some of Kidneys functions are:
- Remove waste products from the body
- Maintain balanced electrolyte
- Regulating the blood pressure
- Keeping the body’s consistency & comfortable
Symptoms of kidney problems:
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Painful urination
- Blood in the urine
- High blood pressure
- Difficulty beginning of urination
- Swelling of hands and feet due to a build up of fluids in the body
Maintaining a healthy kidney includes:
- Quitting smoking
- Eating a balanced diet
- Drinking plenty of water
- Get enough of exercise
- Limit the intake of sodium (salt)
- Be careful when taking supplements
Gogodoc also provides an educational series of information on various blood tests (*intended for educational purposes only. If you are experiencing symptoms, please reach out to book an online GP consultation with a Gogodoc GP.) Talk to a doctor online at a time that suits you from home with a phone or video appointment. You can easily book an appointment with GP.
Book a video consultation today! and get expert advice.