What are eye problems?
An eye problem is a sickness which harms the optic nerve and hinders the vision of a person. There are small eye problems that will eventually disappear but most of the eye problems need to be treated with the help of a specialist.
Main causes for eye problems
- A common eye problem like eye strain occurs mainly due to the overuse of the eyes. For example: reading books and working with the computer for a long time without giving any rest may cause eye strain.
- Red eye is an eye problem caused due to lack of sleep in the night and due to some allergies.
- Color blindness is also another eye which causes due to absence or damage to the color cells in the eyes.
- Dry eyes are caused due to the dryness in the eyes of a human.
Main symptoms of the above eye problems
- Feeling strained and weary.
- Eyes turning to a reddish or pink color.
- Unable to identify and see certain colors.
- Lack of quality teardrops and burning sensation in the eye.
Main treatments for the above eye problems
- Blinking at regular intervals refreshes the eyes.
- Taking regular breaks while working in front of the computer.
- Reducing the brightness of the monitor.
- Wipe both eyes with a cloth soaked in warm water.
- Always be hydrated.
- Staying away from pollen and smokes.
There’s no treatment for color blindness. Only lenses with certain filters are there to identify certain colors.
- Consuming fish oils and omega 3.
- Using lipi-flow (This uses heat and pressure to treat the dry eyes.)
- Make use of a humidifier
‘Ask Gogodoc About’ is an educational series providing information on various symptoms, pains, and disorders. (*intended for educational purposes only. If you are experiencing symptoms, please reach out to book an online GP consultation with a Gogodoc GP.) Talk to a doctor online at a time that suits you from home with a phone or video appointment. You can easily book an appointment with GP.
Book a video consultation today! and get expert advice.