What is Bloating?
Abdominal bloating refers to a condition in which the gastrointestinal tract is filled with gas and you experience tightness and discomfort around your belly area. Often people complain about pain, frequent burping or rumbling sounds from the stomach and flatulence.
What causes bloating?
Bloating can be solved by changing your lifestyle but in some cases it requires medical attention. When you cannot control the pain or when you have bloating even after making certain lifestyle changes then you definitely need to consult a doctor. Here are some reasons that needs a special medical attention:
· Crohn’s disease
· Constant heartburn or acidity
· Constipation with blood flow
· Regular Vomiting or diarrhea
· Hormonal issues in women Weight gain
· Irritable bowel syndrome
Bloating can be irritating and cause long term issues, therefore try following these remedies to have a happy tummy!
Treatments for bloating:
- Bloating can be cured if you make certain alternation in your daily lifestyle. You should make a list of food items that needs to be avoided such as carbonated drinks, deep fried and junk foods, processed food that contains a lot of preservatives, avoid excess intake of red meat and products with excess carbs in them, limit your sodium intake, avoid dairy products especially if you are lactose intolerant, quit smoking and limit alcohol intake, avoid eating chewing gums.
- Have a proper balanced diet and try to stay hydrated throughout the day. Don’t delay your meals, and try to avoid binge eating. Make a schedule and stick to it, so that you can eat in proper and regular intervals. That would help in proper digestion of your food. Try including pro-biotic food items like yogurtto insure a healthy gut.
Include some kind of physical activity in your lifestyle. It will ensure a proper digestion and boost your metabolism as well. Go for walks or runs in the mornings or evenings and stay active throughout the day.
‘Ask Gogodoc About’ is an educational series providing information on various symptoms, pains, and disorders. (*intended for educational purposes only. If you are experiencing symptoms, please reach out to book an online GP consultation with a Gogodoc GP.) Talk to a doctor online at a time that suits you from home with a phone or video appointment. You can easily book an appointment with GP.