Fair Usage Policy
Our Fair Usage Policy is designed to prevent fraud, abuse of Memberships and to ensure that everyone who wishes to use our Services is able to access a UK doctor as fast and safely as possible.
Unlawful, prohibited or unusual activities (non-exhaustive list)
You are not permitted to (or permit anyone else to):
- use the Platform or Services in any unlawful or fraudulent way and/or for any unlawful, fraudulent or inappropriate purpose;
- use the Platform or the Services for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- post or transmit a message (written, verbal or via video) under a false name or use our network resources to impersonate another person or misrepresent authorisation to act on behalf of others (including but not limited to Practitioners) or Gogodoc. All messages transmitted via the Platform should correctly identify the sender and you may not attempt to alter the origin of email messages or postings;
- allow another person or entity to use your Account, username or password (unless a permitted minor) ;
- market, promote or solicit the Services except as expressly permitted by these Terms;
- distribute chain letters or unsolicited bulk electronic mail (“spamming”) via the Platform, to Gogodoc or to any third party allegedly on behalf of Gogodoc;
- attempt to undermine the security or integrity of computing systems or networks of Gogodoc, the Platform or any sites or platforms accessed through or via the Platform, and you must not attempt to gain unauthorised access;
- harvest or collect data about any other individual who uses the Platform;
- post or transmit any data, materials, content or information which is threatening, false, misleading, abusive, defamatory, derogatory, pornographic or profane, or that contains or promotes any virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb or other computer programming or code that is designed or intended to damage, destroy, intercept, download, interfere, manipulate or otherwise interrupt or expropriate the Platform and/or the Services;
- tamper, hack, spoof, copy, modify or otherwise corrupt or attempt to gain unauthorised access to the administration, security or proper function of the Platform and/or the Services, or the server on which the Platform or related materials are stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Platform. You will not use robots or scripts with the Platform;
- attempt to reverse engineer, reverse assemble, reverse compile, decompile, disassemble, translate or otherwise alter, defraud or create false results from any executable code or information on or received by this Platform. You agree to have anti-virus and/or anti-spyware software running that is set to override the Internet browser’s cookie setting;
- upload or provide any information to the Platform or any Practitioner in breach of any third party’s intellectual property rights and/or any obligation of confidentiality or contractual duty owed to any third party; or
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or sell any part of the Platform in contravention of the provisions of our Terms.
Breach of this Fair Usage Policy
When we consider that a breach of this Fair Usage Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Fair Usage Policy constitutes a material breach of our Terms upon which you are permitted to use our Platform, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions (at our sole discretion):
- Deletion of any information provided by you that we deem in our sole discretion to be fraudulent, abusive, defamatory, obscene or in violation of any third party intellectual property right.
- Suspension or termination of your contract for the Services / Membership. Where we consider it reasonable and at out complete discretion, we may provide you with a notice of improper behaviour before suspending, terminating or offering alternative Services, as we deem appropriate.
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this Fair Usage Policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.