Folliculitis implies an irritation or disease of the hair follicles of the skin. The majority of the skin is covered with little hairs which outgrow hair follicles. In folliculitis, numerous hair follicles in a single zone of the skin are influenced. Folliculitis can happen anyplace on hair-bearing skin.
For what reason does folliculitis happen?
Most instances of folliculitis are because of contamination with a germ (bacterium) called Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus). This bacterium is conveyed innocuously in the noses of numerous individuals, without bringing on any issues. Periodically.
Different germs (microscopic organisms) are the reason for folliculitis.
Folliculitis, for the most part, happens at locales where hair follicles are harmed by rubbing or shaving, or where there is blockage of the follicle. Extreme perspiring (hyperhidrosis) because of overactivity of the perspiration organs can be another reason. At times, utilizing a steroid cream on the face can trigger an episode of folliculitis. The most widely recognized site influenced is the whiskers territory of men although ladies with facial hair can get it here as well.
Other basic locales for folliculitis are the arms, legs, armpits and bum.
What is the treatment for folliculitis?
Any place the folliculitis happens, the treatment rule is comprehensively the equivalent. General measures include maintaining a strategic distance from things that disturb the condition.
It is critical to shave toward hair development. Now and then it merits taking a break from shaving for a couple of days, to let the folliculitis settle somewhere near itself.
Tight attire over the influenced region, especially on the off chance that it makes you sweat, won’t help either. Keeping cool and keeping folliculitis presented to the natural air will likewise help.
If you have folliculitis, you ought not to share towels, woolen clothes or razors.
In what capacity would folliculitis be able to be forestalled?
- Keeping your skin spotless, dry and liberated from scraped areas or aggravations can assist with forestalling folliculitis. Certain individuals are more inclined to diseases, for example, individuals with diabetes.
- On the off chance that you have a clinical issue that makes you bound to get contaminations; these precautionary measures might be more significant.
- Utilizing germicide washes regularly isn’t, by and large, suggested, as they can make the skin sore and dry.
- Keeping the skin saturated can help shield it from harm.
- Take care when shaving (particularly if you wet shave), utilizing a shaving gel, froth or cleanser to grease up the cutting edges over the skin to forestall scratches and cuts.
Most instances of folliculitis are not infectious but rather on the off chance that you have been distinguished as conveying the S. aureus germ (bacterium), this contamination can at times be moved to others.
This danger can be limited by typical cleanliness measures and washing garments, bedclothes and towels on a hot wash.
Try not to share razors.
‘Ask Gogodoc About’ is an educational series providing information on various symptoms, pains, and disorders. (*intended for educational purposes only. If you are experiencing symptoms, please reach out to book an online GP consultation with a Gogodoc GP.) Talk to a doctor online at a time that suits you from home with a phone or video appointment. You can easily book an appointment with GP.
Book a video consultation today! and get expert advice.